Thursday, July 12, 2012

Prairie Chicks Scrapbook Challenge #9- Jen

Masculine pages and cards are the challenge this time. We would love to see how you create your masculine pages so once again you can upload your pages to our Facebook page or email us at prairiechicks@sasktel.net .


For this layout I (Jen) used an older discontinued line from Kaiser Craft from my stash for my background page and then added some scraps from MME's Miss Caroline collection. For the metal plate I used a Sizzix Embossing folder on mirror paper which I heat embossed copper embossing powder on parts to make it look worn and rusted. The gears (Kaiser Craft wood flourishes) I painted with a silver paint dabber, heat embossed copper embossing powder in spots and inked with black ink to give them a worn, rusted look as well.

The card I used leftover piece of mirror paper done with the same technique as the page and scraps from Miss Caroline and Cosmo Cricket paper. I stamped the image on cream cardstock , cut it with a Spellbinders die and distress-inked the image before I took it out of the die. I then matted the image with black cardstock with a slightly larger die.

No comments:

Post a Comment